View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Yep...Iginla only seemed to make sense if you ignored reality and just imagined a 2004 level Iginla because he would be back with Sutter.

A veteran on defense is the obvious need but, again, DL isn't going to pay a ridiculous price for a rental.

I still stand by the belief that Bernier is not moved during the season with DL's ultimate goal with Bernier being getting back into the 1st round of this year's draft. Problem there is the teams needing a goalie are primarily those with high first rounders so it may be difficult, plus there are more proven names out there like Lou and Miller...possibly Bryz if bought out.
I think Varlamov might have had more value than Bernier when he was traded but I'm looking at that trade as a benchmark for return. I don't know that somebody will be willing to pay that but the Kings should be able to at least get a 2nd rounder out of him, if not more.

Even though he is unproven compared to Ryan Miller et al, he also takes a much smaller cap hit and is younger which could be seen as a positive by teams that might be interested.