View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Woland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Interesting factoid.

I was reading about the Supporters shield, The supporters council, its history and all that (they made a new version this year that looks fantastic):

http://independentsupporterscouncil.com/isc-members/

They are taking it on tour, from city to city, and it will be in Montreal on October 12th for the game against the Revs.

Given our current position in the standings, I was curious about our participation in the supporters council.

I was a bit perturbed to learn there is none. It's not an accident, I asked them and their official position is "We do not see the need to associate ourselves with this group at this time"

Another guy added "I don't recall the specific reasons now, but what I see is that we are REALLY independent. Worse there's certain really crappy groups in there."

I'll reserve judgment till I learn more, but I find that a pretty problematic position. All I know is that its gonna be pretty awkward if we win it this year...

Does anyone here know more? I consider myself an expert on the Impact as a team, as well as MLS and North American soccer, but I really don't know much about UM02 to understand this.
many reasons and can't go over them all, but this association and some of the groups are in fact not taken very seriously....or at least not sharing the same set of values as UM02.

some groups use it as a means of social gathering.

our networking with other groups is often done in the back scene through personal relations with individuals and there is no current official partnership with any other group in the world.