View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 01:13 PM
CrosbyMalkin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshinkman View Post
I've got to say that this is the most idiotic post I've ever read. I mean sincerely idiotic. It combines 20-20 hindsight, mind reading, speculation and a pathetic attempt top rationalizing Shero's poor decisions all into one package.

It's plain stupid to try to link these trades together in any way. Each trade should be evaluated independently. Shero drastically overpaid for Morrow and Murray.Then he lucked out when Iginla Picked Pgh over Boston. That's all there is to it.
I don't think the Pens overpaid in any of the trades. Shero had a plan to make this team tougher and he had Morrow and Murry as players as first choices to do that. He got them without losing any player on his roster. The Pens lost Morrow but it sounds like they valued Pouliot, Harrington, Maatta, and Despres more. I still love those trades because they gave us toughness and good character veterans. We needed to upgrade the PK and Murry is perfect for that. Draftpicks are nothing when your core stars are all young. The time to win is now and we have all our best prospects still to add in the future.

Some people just like to *****. Shero added 3 physical players that are smart and great team players and leaders. Shero gave up very little when you look at what he has added. If you would of told me we could add these 3 without losing any players on the current roster while keeping 9 of our top 10 prospects I would of said you were nuts.

Best deadline ever!

CrosbyMalkin is offline   Reply With Quote