View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad

vCash: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I think that's spot on. He does have a great wrister, but unlike Kane and Ladd, he takes FAR too long to release it. They have great shots, and release them so quickly that there's also an element of surprise.

Similar to what Scheifele has done with his shot this year: hard, quick release at the net.
Agreed.

Last game though; he had a quick release off a wrister, more instinctual shot vs. putting the lean on and holding it for 2 seconds. He needs to start shooting smartly and more often rather than looking for the play all the time. Take a page from Kaner and be a little greedier.
Where the Jet's have found a little more success this year is less attempts at multiple pass plays when there was a good shot to be had. They do it still, but thankfully it does not seem nearly as often.

I think by this point next year we will see an improvement...providing he does not get dealt...I would not be surprised to see 40+ point year from him if he is inserted in a stable line...perhaps more if he is Kane/TheSheif/Burmi line.
Love that idea...

Snot Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote