View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 01:23 PM
WarriorofTime
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I am enjoying it. This is just not what I thought we were trying to do. I don't like the build from within strategy as an end all, be all. I think it is just as extreme as Milbury flipping his roster every year and I don't think it leads to success. I think a balance is very important. Of course I hope they win and prove me wrong but it just seems so unecessary to handicap yourself and make it harder than it has to be but they are committed to that and anyone that has a problem with it is just going to have to live with the results of their plan, whatever they may be.
Since Bowman has taken over we've acquired Hossa, Kopecky, Madden, Johnsson Leddy, Boynton... Cap purge so acquiring ANOTHER SUPERSTAR was unrealistic.. but then still we added Turco, Stalberg, Scott, Pisani, Ryan Johnson, Frolik, Salak, Campoli, Montador, Mayers, Brunette, O'Donnell, Carcillo, Lepisto, Emery, Morrison, Oduya, Brookbank, and Roszival.

Some of those acquisitions have worked out, others haven't. That can be a separate topic but to say Bowman has ONLY TRIED TO BUILD FROM WITHIN is stupid. And the Hawks have a good home-grown nucleus so no I don't think ditching Kane, Toews, Keith, or Seabrook or some of the other Cup-winning core because we got beat two whole bloody years in the playoffs for the sake of CHANGES is the right answer.

But we all know you think Bowman is the joke of the league. Meanwhile the rest of the league sees all the Hawks have on the roster and in the system and is envious. I'm sure if it were up to you we would have unloaded Saad at the trade deadline last year.