View Single Post
03-28-2013, 02:25 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
Can you tell me the names of the other defensemen against whom Stuart competed in the Western Pennsylvania Hockey League? This might give us some indication as to what his scoring actually meant. As far as I can tell, this was very much a bush league, but perhaps that is mistaken.
The pro leagues were shallow, so it's tough to take too much out of his statistics there, but he wasn't in the pro leagues until 1902-03. He played in the CAHL from 1898 through 1902.

My question about the all-star teams is based on my understanding that there were no published all-star teams before the 1905. If there were no all-star teams, how does he get named to one?

Again, the downslope of Conacher's peak is already accounted for in the VsX calculation when we take it out to seven seasons. Further questioning the path of his career would be redundant. We don't have anything resembling an empirical method for placing value on any of Stuart's seasons, but it should be pointed out that it is likely that he was only playing at a Hall of Fame level for the last 4-5 of them.
The whole point is that you said a 7 year peak was normal for Conacher's era, so we shouldn't dock him for lacking longevity.... yet you dock Hod Stuart for lacking longevity.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote