View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Huh,okay and if you had to guess which current Danish prospect is more likely to bust,who would it be?Just for pure speculation
Ah I wont try to be so negative about the current prospects. Bust is a strong word. But for a prospect like Starkov that has ended up as 3-4'th liner in Allsvenskan (second attempt after first time being fired and returning to play the danish league) that certainly is a bust.

But I can say that Thomas Spelling certainly didn't have the year he and others expected. Almost being headhunted from Herning to Rögle in SEL he was basically benched first half of the season and first then loaned to Oskarshamn in Allsvenskan. He ended up playing mostly in U20, so it could look like he lost a year in development. But still he was fifth in point-production in the swedish elite-U20, so it's not at all what you can call bust.
But Spelling also feels a bit (so far) as a top6 or bust type of player. Great shot! but not strong defensively, or not known for extraordinary work ethics either.
But maybe this year in Sweden have hardened him somewhat....

But for a NHL drafted player to not be good enough (even after several years after the draft) to play in SEL/SM-liiga or the like would be regarded as bust in my book.