View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
It has value. I just wouldn't have wanted to pay PK Subban or Max to get it.

Teams would want Beaulieu or Tinordi now... I don't think it makes sense to give those guys up. I also wouldn't want to give up picks in this draft. If anything I'd rather that we try to move up with our extra 2nds.

Unlike that 08 team this club is on the upside. This isn't our "one shot" and we shouldn't approach this deadline like it is. Let the team play, see how we do at the draft and come back next year. If we do well again next season then we can look at being buyers if there's something worthwhile going after. Besides the team has good chemistry now, what's wrong with leaving it alone?
In 08 we had a 24 year old Plekanec who just broke out with 69 points and was a great 2-way player. Kostitsyn had his first full season and at 22 put up 53pts. Higgins was 24 and had 52pts and was great 2-way player. Komisarek was 25 and was looking like one of if not the best shutdown D in the league. We had a couple of 20 year olds in Latendresse and S. Kostitsyn that looked like future top-6 players. Not too mention some great looking up and coming role players like Lapierre, Chipchura, O'Byrne. Oh and Price was the next Roy/Broduer and Markov was in his prime.

The only important older players were Kovalev(34), Koivu(32), Hamrlik(33).

We were considered a great young team that was going to be contending for a while. Maybe if we had gone deep, the young players would have learnt what it takes to win and not fizzled out like they did. There's no way to know for sure, but that's the OPs point, the future was rosy back then but in the end we only had the one year where we had a good chance. The same could happen again now.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote