View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Get over what exactly? There are countless goalies who are considered at Price's level or under who have stolen playoff games and series. As good as Price is, I don't know if he's the type of goalie who can do that. He looked pretty good a couple of years ago in the Bruins series for the most part.

As good as he is, he needs to do more. That .923 save percentage he had a few years back...is that the real price..or is it the .910-.915 the real Price? I'm not sure.
Its funny people mention Brodeur all the time of someone they want Price to be like.

People expect Price at .923 yet you have Brodeur with a career .913 save percentage and a .919 in the playoffs.

Price has a regular season career SP of .916 and yes a low .907 in the playoffs. Its skewed a little right now due to poor performances in his first few years.

Now Brodeur has had a great career, a winning career. Point is, numbers dont take you far. Heck i almost throw them out the window sometimes. Its more about timely goaltending then saying Price needs "x" save percentage.