View Single Post
03-28-2013, 02:44 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Good points.

When you look at the overall picture the holes have always been there. We have too many 'scorers', we don't have enough scoring!, we have too many grunts, we don't have any toughness!, Our coach is too safe, our coach does not 'let them loose!'. And every year it changes and every year we lose a sprint instead of trying to win the long distance marathon.

It amazes me how FA contracts from the past 10 years still haunt this team, along with the 2003 draft
I don't know if the powers that be have a grasp on the overall picture. They want to fill holes in the roster by drafting support players, but those players take years to develop; So by the time your supporting cast is ready, your group of stars are on the wrong side of 30 and are being dangled as trade bait or are in jeopardy of being bought out.

I don't think it's a coincidence that our most successful season in years came when we were comprised primarily of young, home-grown players. The problem was the timing and that we had developed too many tractors and not enough Ferrari's.