View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I agree with most of your analysis, but not all. The problem is : We now analyse his performance while he's in a slump. 2 weeks ago, he was on pace for a good season. DD could very well make 6-7 points this week and suddenly, he'll again be on pace for a normal 50-60 points season. I think we tend to overanalyse over short periods instead of looking at the great picture. And I'm not worried that DD has the skills to be a 50+ points player every season.

And yes, I think the hate is personnal. Everytime DD has 2-3 more average games, the same usual suspects suddenly get out of the woods and bump this thread. Actually, it's more "everytime DD makes an average play".
That's the issue here, he's been in a slump majority of the season. 10 of his 19 points came in a streak of 9 games where everything Pacioretty touched went into the net. You can say DD is not producing because of Pacioretty's slump but somehow the latter is still putting up points (6 pts in last 9 games).

You are confident it's a slump but it's fair to be a little concerned. The team has committed to him long term.

If the hate is personal, isn't your defense of him personal too kinda cancelling it out? (can't help but notice your avatar)