View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Wow. And now suddenly this is a team that needs to rip it down and rebuild? Yeesh, I know we've had a bad season to this point, but I'm sorry, but that doesn't make much sense. There is too much young or prime talent here. I realize Gabby and Richards have been underperforming - and frankly I'm now in favor of getting whatever we can for them and moving on with the rest of the "real" core - but this should be a very good team. There is WAY too much quality here that is WAY too young for this to be a legitimate rebuild candidate.

How do you call a team that has:

FORWARDS
J.T. Miller 20
Chris Kreider 21
Derek Stepan 22
Carl Hagelin 24
Rick Nash 28
Ryan Callahan 28

DEFENSEMEN
Michael Del Zotto 22
Ryan McDonagh 23
Marc Staal 26
Dan Girardi 28

GOALIES
Henrik Lundqvist 31 (bearing in mind that goalies play effectively much longer than any other position)

And a good group of prospects a rebuild candidate? I agree that changes need to be made (I mentioned a couple above), but I hardly call this a team in need of a rebuild. It SHOULD be a team that's in contention for the next five years - with smart management and coaching, that is.
well you see in Ranger land no one remembers that last yr the team was first in the East , all they remember is in the last 30 games its been a struggle.

this ship can turnaround. The potential is there.