View Single Post
Old
08-11-2006, 02:57 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
There's still only room for Immonen and that's it interms of new kids.
You assume that no one who played last year will get beat out. Having a spot guaranteed for someone who's never played in (or never played more than ten games in) the NHL before camp even starts is a pretty fair commitment to youth, my friend. Between injuries and guys getting beaten out, I think we're more than likely to have 3 or 4 "new" guys on the roster starting the season. It's not like yoots only count if they replace guys who are 33.

Even if my prediction doesn't happen and it's only Immonen, don't forget that the bottom two lines are basically composed of 24-26 year olds and you've also got Prucha, Toots and Lundqvist playing major roles on the team. No need to force feed additional kids into the lineup - they'll get in when they're ready.

Besides, who would you prefer to dump of the vets on the roster? Rozsival is honestly the only guy I'm not thrilled about, but I can live with him, especially with his contract and the fact that he's relatively young himself. (Nylander and Straka drive me crazy, but they are incredibly effective with Jags, despite boned scoring chances and passing when they should shoot.)

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 08-11-2006 at 03:07 PM.
BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote