View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Cash for Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
The team to watch going forward - and not for good reasons - is Dallas. Their schedule is brutal (If I counted correctly they only have 2 games against teams below the playoff line). They may not get any more than 5-6 points the rest of the way. I don't see Florida improving to the point of catching Columbus and with Calgary blowing it up and Colorado sucking it could be no better than 5th for the CBJ if they were to collapse. I think they have some left in the tank so I'm thinking in the 8-10 range....

This last stretch will be very interesting. I do feel we'll get our 3rd and probably another 3rd or 4th by moving Letestu and Aucoin. Seems they would be the most likely to go. Beyond that, very little movement on this team at the deadline which means any draft impact is likely to come.... at the draft. That's where the other options could be moved.

I'm still holding out for a draft of:

1) Lindholm, Nichushkin, Mantha.... or
2) Monahan, Shinkaruk, Lazar.... or
3) Shinkaruk, Zadarov, Gauthier.... or

Oh you get the point, there are a lot of options with our 3 picks but I truly am hoping for something like option #1 above. In my world that's a potential grand slam.
With the amount of road games facing the CBJ and tough games at home against playoff teams (Blues, Sharks, Ducks, etc) I think a top 4 pick is well within reach still. There is still 1/3 of the season left to be played afterall.

However, FLA does appear to be locked into the 1 slot. They are just so far ahead of the pack. Or behind. Which ever it is....I'm still surprised Colorado is still dead last in the West. Seem to be a talented team that could put wins together down the stretch.