View Single Post
03-28-2013, 05:18 PM
vCash: 500
Well, I suppose I'll take the first stab at this lineup.

Frist Line:
This is easily the best line in our division. Gordie Howe is just a force in every aspect of the game. Marcel Dionne is one of the more under-rated guys in these draft - a lot of that has to do with some unfair criticism about his play-off resume - and I think he's a good offensive 1st line center. Playing beside Gordie Howe really helps to mitigate a lot of the issues people may have with him. I'm not a big Robitaille fan, but I think he's in a very good position to succeed. He can let Dionne and Howe create all the chances, which will allow him to do what he does best. Very well built line.

Second Line:
As I'm sure you're well aware, I do not like your 2nd line at all. Tommy Dunderdale is tough to get an exact read on, and that's from a guy who owned him last a few years ago. He's probably a below average 2nd line center - the big challenge with him is that he's tough to build around. Bun Cook and Bobby Bauer would both be fine in supporting 2nd line roles - if they are playing with an offensive stud, they can chip in, but they can't really create a whole lot on their own. In terms of chemistry, it's a pretty well-constructed line - the parts do fit together well, but they're bargain basement parts.

Third Line:
I like this line. Herbie Lewis and Larry Aurie are both guys I wanted - they're both well-rounded guys who can bring a little bit of everything. Cooney Weiland is a decent 2-way playmaking center. Are you planning to use them as a shut-down line?

Fourth Line:
I really, really liked the Langenbrunner pick. Honestly, he was not even on our radar, but he definitely should have been. McVeigh and Sutter are kind of "meh", but it's a 4th line, and it's pretty decent.

First Pair:
Like us, you didn't get a great #1, so you tried to get a good #2. It's not a "wow" pairing or anything, but it is pretty solid and steady.

Second Pair:
Larry Murphy is an absolute beast as a #3 guy. He's an excellent and consistent offensive contributor, and without being a defensive liability. McNamara, however, doesn't belong on a 2nd pair. He brings a dimension that Murphy needs, so I don't mind the fit, but he certainly drags this pairing down. With an awesome #3 and a very weak #4, this ends up being a decent enough pair.

Third Pair:
I really like Shore as a 3rd pairing guy... and I really hate Lake. Like your 2nd pair, this one evens out to pretty average.

In a division with Brodeur and Durnan ahead of him, I think Lehman's in tough to keep up. I like his puck-handling.

I like Art Ross as a coach here. Is he the 2nd best coach in the division? I wouldn't mind seeing an Art Ross vs. Mike Keenan discussion.

- I like the Weiland line more than the Dunderdale line. Any possibility of switching them?
- based on your personnel, your PP should be strong, but I'm not sure about the PK... who's on your PK?

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote