View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 04:27 PM
CrAzYNiNe

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMarky79 View Post
Giving up a 2nd and Leblanc for Clowe is exactly what we need to do. I know some here are dead against it but cmon let's get something straight. If our 2nd/1st is conditional and he re -signs then great, if not then try again. With the amount of prospects we have stockpiled right now giving up a single draft pick in a year where we have tons of picks isnt going to hurt us. Ive said this before about Clowe but let me remind you. He may be a bit slow for our system but guess what? The guy is almost PPG in the playoffs, I pick him every single year in my playoff pool because I know he will produce, whats even better is he is a net precense he is physical and if we end up playing Boston he is NOT going to back down from Lucic/Thornton. We need to get him and it is pretty obvious the stats dont lie and while his game doesnt exactly fit the Canadiens mold, he is very welcome here and if he is available jump all over it. Every play has a bad year big deal. And do you really think were gonna miss Leblanc if we re-sign Clowe and win a cup in a few years? Anyway Chive on! Keep Calm and Chive on fellow habs fans!!
Having 3 picks within 15 spots at around 25-40 is better than 2 picks. Clowe is not playing like the Clowe the SJ loved in previous seasons. If he comes at a hefty price tag, no way.

I sure hope you don't waste a high pick on Clowe in your playoff pool since he plays for a team notorious for getting bounced early. And sorry buddy but 45 points in 68 games is not anywhere close to a PPG, he would have to score 2 pts a game for 25 games to get to a PPG. In the playoff he gets points in 2 out of 3 games, which is still very good.