View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Bleed orange

vCash: 500
My two cents:

I am a fan of Bryz as a person and his personality. I like the guy and I want him to succeed, whether its in Philly or anywhere else. I'm not gonna sit here and defer blame away from the guy cause he hasn't played well at all, but just watching this team and the way they play, I don't think there are many goalies, if any at all, that can play well behind this current flyers team. This team struggles so bad when it comes to even the simple things like clearing the puck, getting it through the neutral zone, not turning it over constantly. I don't know whether it's the system, the players, or they are just tryin to play a system that doesn't play into their strengths and glares their weaknesses (most likely the latter). The system lavy employed consisting of a hard aggressive forcheck and active d-men is gone. They have no viable PMDs other than an aging Kimmo and to an extent an inexperienced Gus. Bryz isn't the one who's turning it over constantly, giving opponents prime scoring chances. This team gives up WAY too many good, prime scoring chances. They give up too many odd man rushes and break aways also, and that has nothin to do with bryz. Now I'm not trying to make excuses for him because he has played poorly on his end and I don't know how anyone can deny that. I'm just saying I think too many people think a different goalie will result in less goals allowed and better defense. Hate to break it to you but it won't.

I like the guy and I want him to succeed here, but I just don't think it can happen. I think bryz can be more successful on another team that he fits in better. He needs a team that is built to mask his weaknesses, and unless we completely gut the roster inside out I don't think that team is the flyers. I think he can be a serviceable goalie if he had a decent contract, but think about the later years in his contract. I don't a 36-39 year old bryz and a 5.7 cap hit is reasonable at all, in fact I think it's a detriment to a cup contending team in the salary cap world. I think flyers should part ways with an amnesty in the 2014 offseason. He's just not working out for this team, which is unfortunate cause I really like the guy. If that is what ends up happening I hope he's successful wherever he ends up, except if he goes to Pittsburgh