View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richard Murray
Jagr

When the Bruins "deal" for Iginla was announced yesterday I thought the Bruins overpaid. To hear it didn't go through, I thought what could be next for the B's on the trade market.

What do you Bruins fans think about Jagr? Obviously still has a ton of skill and can provide a nice veteran leadership presence. Besides who wouldn't want that mullet here in town!

Think about it. He has shown great chemistry with Krejci while playing in tournaments for the Czech's and still has a ton of talent that could help the power play. Has 25 points this season so his production hasn't been an issue.

Dare I say what if you convince him to stick around for another season. Trade Krejci in the off-season and finally move Seguin to center. Jagr is credited a lot with Claude Giroux's jump last season, could he help the Bruins top youngster.

Can the Bruins move Krejci for Bobby Ryan, which was talked about a lot last summer.

Imagine this next season...

Lucic-Seguin-Jagr
Marchand-Bergeron-Ryan
Spooner-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Can always re-sign Horton too. Maybe short term makes sense while you figure out Spooner and his concussion issues. Can always go with Kelly-Peverley-Horton as the 3rd line.

Lots of possibilities for the Bruins. Not getting Iginla isn't the end of the world. Getting Jagr likely wouldn't cost you Koko either. Koko has a ton of skill, I am personally excited to see what the kid can do. Give him half a season in Providence next season to see where he is at. Jagr is also a nice stop gap while Koko and Knight get a full season in the AHL.