View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 06:38 PM
FlaggerX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
You are right, I'm lumping alot of guys into this category, each in fact having their own unique circumstances.

Malhotra, for example, Howson seem to undervalue him, and I think thats easy to do with a guy that plays on a losing team. His solution was to swap that piece out for Pahlsson, a guy with a nice resume, compiled on winning teams. In reality, we downgraded. Malhotra went on to be a big part of a very good SJ team, anchoring the 3rd line, and Pahlsson for the most part was invisible here.

Thats where I'm going with my comment that everyone looks good when you are winning, and we tend to undervalue individual players on losing teams.

I agree, Klesla and Methot, very similar story lines. Its nice to see these guys playing well on their new teams, but it makes you wonder what could have been. Fortunately, our blue line is solid atm, and these guys would be redundant and see to little ice time to justify their contracts.
If you'll recall, Howson made a good offer to Maholtra, who wanted top six money when he's really a good bottom six center. Maholtra priced himself out of the market, then we went to Pahlsson who had a great resume and had done very well in the Cup, then Sammi went and aged himself out of what he was.