View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Word around town is Chicago is heavily interested. Needs a 2nd line center and a finisher for the PP, that is what Cammy will provide the Hawks.

For the Kings, I am looking more at another Flame player. Alex Tanguay. Can play LW, probably wouldn't cost a ton, signed through next year at a reasonable hit.
I wouldn't mind Tanguay if he didn't have three more years left on his contract. And he's already 33. While for the short term it isn't a bad contract to take on, long term it could be a hindrance. If the Flames ate a portion of his salary, it makes it more feasible.

I'm just skeptical or hesitant with adding players who may not fit in, which tends to be the case with most older players who are moved at the deadline, case in point being guys like Cliff Ronning and Anson Carter...

He's also had quite a few up-and-down seasons. Was terrible with the Lightning, did great in his first season with the Flames, missed some games last season while putting up respectable numbers, and has okay stats this season with 9 goals and 24 points in 30 games. Could be a playmaking winger that can setup Carter and Richards.