View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 07:20 PM
viper0220

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
I posted this in another thread but think it should go here:

I just have this feeling that Chevy will either offer Hainsey a contract ASAP, or send him Boston for a first rounder. He will not let him go for nothing even if we are in 3rd. I would like to keep Hainsey but you could argue that we are sitting in 3rd and we got there with Enstrom and Bogo missing lots of time and Buff missing some. Our depth guys must be doing something right so he may think losing Hainsey is not the end of the world?
I also get how important it is for this club to make the playoffs now and maybe make some noise there. But if we get another first rounder that would be big. Some people are saying late first rounder may never see the NHL and that we have too many picks this year and that could be troublesome down the road. I think Chevy is smart enough to figure that out. If we get another first he may use it in a trade to acquire a top 6 RW, or after this year's draft he will have many prospects to use in the trade block. He is looking to build for a long run 3-4 years from now, which is why my gut (and it's a big one) is telling me he will trade big Ron.
If we trade Hainsey for a first round pick + that would be awesome and then get some one like Cory Sarich for a 3 round pick.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote