View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Frenzy1
Christ Follower

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Albert View Post
OK, I will indulge your hyperbole. I did not say "overpaid" first of all. I said as one of the highest paid on a medium budget team. Not a huge contract in relation to other bigger contracts on other teams, but this team needs more than he is producing for that budget hit. Your translation is your words not mine. The team deparately needs a LHD to be a steadying influence and make those around him better. I added the center with potential, as the team is thin there, especially if we trade Backes. I hope he is back to his 25-30 goal average last year and am not a huge advocate of breaking up the nucleus we have, but for the right deal, Backes could be a good trade chip.
Thin. That is an understatement. How do you plan to replace Backes? Free Agency? Because that is a good way to get a player that a budget team can afford. Lets see - our center would be Berglund, Sobotka, Nichol, and WHO.

Look we can address depth at D though trade. And you are right when you say we need an upgrade at d, but trading from a position of weakness only opens up another large hole. You want to trade a winger - please that makes sense, but not a center.

And Backes was making the same amount last year. Did you complain about him then? My guess is no.

Bottom line, I am just as frusterated by his lack of offensive punch this year as you are. I don't like him paired with Stewart.

Last edited by Frenzy1: 03-28-2013 at 08:13 PM.