View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
But Lundqvist has carried that team for many years. He also has a Vezina to his name and many nominations. His numbers have been unreal.

I think the problem here is Price gets a lot of flack (which is typical in Montreal), but he also gets a lot of excuses from certain people. "He had no chance"..."It was a tough save"..."defensive breakdown"...but we ridicule lesser goalies with worse defenses as being bad. Bryzgalov?

I mean, sometimes you have to make that save...that's what separates the elites from the average goalies.
And sometimes, your team plays terrible D and you can't do much despite making good saves on some good scoring chances.

No one worth discussing with is going to tell you Price is playing perfectly every time, or that he shouldn't make quality saves or keep the team in it when they're blowing it, etc., but I think we're past the point of questioning his play on a nightly basis (then extrapolating from that), or even just overall. He's a quality starter and one that plays a ton, mostly giving quality starts in those. If people feel the need to nitpick his performances and think they're actually making a point, well, those people are just a waste of time.