View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 09:22 PM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
And sometimes, your team plays terrible D and you can't do much despite making good saves on some good scoring chances.

No one worth discussing with is going to tell you Price is playing perfectly every time, or that he shouldn't make quality saves or keep the team in it when they're blowing it, etc., but I think we're past the point where questioning his play on a nightly basis, or even just overall. He's a quality starter and one that plays a ton, mostly giving quality starts in those. If people feel the need to nitpick his performances and think they're actually making a point, well, those people are just a waste of time.
No one is talking about playing perfectly. No one is discounting the defensive system. But give me a break about "nitpicking". I'm looking at his entire 6 year performance. His numbers have been decent...but not great. His performances in the playoffs have been inconsistent. He has had issues with inconsistency and focus. He's in the bottom 1/3 in save percentage this year and last. Nitpicking every performance isn't good, but dismissing any criticism of his play is just as bad.