Thread: Andrei Markov
View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 09:25 PM
ottawa

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
He hasn't changed his style, it's just that he went from a high-success pinching ratio to a lower one recently. He doesn't pinch more, he just gets caught more.

This was one reason he was so dominant, he was a pinching god. He was the best or one of the best players in the league at judging when to pinch and keeping the puck in the opposing zone. But now he's failing a lot for some reason.
You may be right, healthy Markov was absolutely amazing but now the pinching is starting to hurt us and it's not just the Boston game as many of you are pointing out. I don't know if there's some deep part of my brain that dislikes Markov or something but every single game I keep an eye on him and notice how he's too slow to catch up on pucks he fumbles or gives away due to a bad pass, pass reception or pinching. He's still doing other things right, like making tape-to-tape passes, carrying in the puck and dumping when he should and I'm happy about that. But if he is just a bit less riskier due to his speed and inability to win footraces with younger guys, it would help because Emelin isn't the best guy to have on a 2 on 1 rush from the other team.