View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 09:35 PM
HappyGilmourr
#FireShapiro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribouPINE View Post
Honestly, this wouldn't COMPLETELY shock me.

He's gone from 62 points to 54 points to 48 points this year (extrapolated over a full season).

Sometimes teams cut bait on a player for whatever reason (decline? salary? something in the room? Just can't win with them ala Philly's theory on Richards/Carter, etc).

St. Louis is a bit of a cash strapped team and have a bunch of notable RFA's to re-sign this summer (Stewart, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Berglund, etc).

I don't think they are trading him. I still think he's very good. But over the years guys like him have been traded countless times before (The Arnotts of the world).
Power forwards decline faster then snipers and could be done by age 30-31... Like Clowe for example, or Franzen to a lesser extent... at 28 i'm not sure how much mileage he has left. Gardiner is to steep of a price who is just starting out his career... I would love Backes though leafs and are top 3 in goals this year so i'm not concerned as much about the offense (although have played 1-2 more games then some teams) so he would bring some much needed strong defensive play to our top 6. Gardiner though? Yikes I don't no. Don't expect him to be traded though