View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 10:16 PM
PMII
Shattendeuces

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Carle Place View Post
Oh come one Zenith, you're better than that.

The Nash trade is one you do 10 times out of 10. Anisimov blows hot and cold and is way too streaky. Dubinsky is overpaid for what he provides. We miss Dubinsky's grit, but his contract was necessary to get rid of (FYI, if he magically gets amnestied by Columbus, I'd offer him a new cost-effective contract in a heartbeat).
Not saying that Sather shouldn't have made that trade, I'm saying he should have added another legitimate top-9 forward before making the trade. Guess he thought he had that in Pyatt, he thought wrong.

Anisimov is an under-appreciated player. He was streaky, but he made his mark on several games, and he was a good two-way player. Was a little soft and not too smart with the puck, though. Dubinsky is overpaid, I'm kinda glad he's gone, but, yes, they miss his fire and his strength on the puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Carle Place
Feds is old and doesn't have the wheels anymore to play the kind of game we need to be successful. Everyone couldn't get wait to kick Mitchell out the door last year, but now b/c he scores 9 goals for one of, if not the worst team in hockey, he is retrospectively an integral cog in our team.
Pyatt never had the wheels to play the kind of game we need to be successful, and he doesn't bring PKing and two cups to the locker room.

I'm not even complaining about losing THESE players. I'm complaining about the lack luster replacements.