View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 10:32 PM
SA16
Sixstring

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Losing both Dubinsky and Prust without finding at least one player who could replace what they brought in terms of their passion and desire is a problem. This team is too vanilla. Not much hunger, desire, or fiery personalities on this team.
I am confused. So is passion worth a goal per game or something? I thought Torts was supposed to be a good motivator that should provide passion? There's no way to argue that this team has less offensive talent than last years team. It's simply untrue. The fourth line as I just showed could have been expected to have almost the exact same production. The third line should obviously have taken a bit of a hit losing one of Anisimov/Dubinksy but that was expected to be made up for by Kreider - hasn't worked out though he's been very good the last two games (when he is not being randomly benched). The talent on the first two lines got a gigantic upgrade and is only not doing so by the poor play of Richards and Gaborik (which for Gaborik a large portion of the blame has be put on coaching).

Placing the blame on Sather for poorly constructing the team here does not really work. The problem has been a lack of execution by several of our top players, mind-boggling coaching decisions (the amount of TOI Boyle gets, playing Gaborik on the wrong side, constant line juggling etc..) and the lack of any semblance of a powerplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
can someone explain to me why Kreider was benched?
Largely because he had too many shots on goal and had he played more he would had more TOI than Boyle which is unacceptable. Kreider had 3 shifts in the third for a total of 3:02. After his first shift he went 8 minutes before getting another. Boyle had 8 shifts in the third (lol) for a total of 7:55 (what!?)