View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 01:06 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
It would be a shock at this point in time, but he's certainly a reasonable conversation piece.
don't get me wrong..as a hawks fan i'd love to see him make the team

re your goal situation - leaving aside the #3 spot, are you guys all pretty certain that miller and quick are guaranteed to make the team? also...re 1/2 spot...how does USA Hockey work on that sort of thing (I don't know a lot about the politics/mentality involved in your own federation)...are they more democratic and will they wait to see who looks best...or is miller likely to be the #1 unless Quick convinces them otherwise?

by way of contrast...i think there's disagreement on the boards how Hockey Canada will handle things. I think most Cdn fans assume Price and Luongo will be there...but i see people saying that Price is likely to be #1 b/c he'll likely be better than Luongo. I, on the other hand, think that no matter what Luongo will be given the first shot at #1 b/c Hockey Canada simply works that way.

^^ isn't meant to bore you w/ the minutiae of the Cdn situation - but simply as an example of why i'm wondering how the dynamics of USA Hockey work.