Thread: Player Discussion: Ryan Callahan
View Single Post
03-29-2013, 02:19 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Personally, I hated the look of it. I can't stand when Cally is put into position where he has to make playmaking decisions with the puck. It always been painful to watch for me.

I like it when cally is playing straight ahead: working the boards and driving to the net.
I just didn't see that. I think one of the biggest differences between the "new" Stepan and the "old" Stepan has been his passing, which was the case throughout the period when the two of them played together.

If there is one thing to nitpick about Callahan, it is that sometimes he takes bad shots. He's a smart player, so I'm not afraid of him passing the puck as long as he doesn't get to cute with it. He has a good shot, but his accuracy isn't great from the high slot and beyond, and sometimes he takes shots that are just wastes. Thankfully, he doesn't do it at a rate that is unacceptable.

Bottom line, I think if he and Stepan were playing together, he'd be producing at a rate far closer to last season than he is without him. But then, Nash's production would go down. That takes precedence.