View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 06:15 AM
Mr Kanadensisk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanji View Post
You used World Juniors data when it supported your opinion. But when it doesn't the data is not valid information? Very suspicious yes.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5&postcount=25

Objectivity and thoroughness are my #1 priority. I've analyzed host ice from every angle. On the contrary, your study contains a narrow and limited data set. You even use data when convenient, then discard it when not - World Juniors. You seem to have a vested interest in an outcome. Especially when you claim your opinion as fact. I'm sorry but no analysis can be achieved with such a mindset. I was expecting an honest and objective discourse. But I think people reading this thread are smart enough to see through nationalist tendencies and can gain something with this study. It's a shame but there's no point in continuing here.
You are right, I used a different method because the conditions were not the same, which was the right thing to do. Comparing the performance of a nation in the year before and year after hosting doesn't mean anything if teams are completely different.

There will always be people like yourself who try to twist numbers to suit their need, like the time you ranked Olympic performance based on aggregate winning percentage. When you use a system where the gold medal winner could finish with a .500 record and the 6th place finisher with a .750 record and try to suggest that the 6th place finisher did better you pretty quickly lose credibility, as you have here.

Last edited by Mr Kanadensisk: 03-29-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Mr Kanadensisk is offline   Reply With Quote