View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 07:14 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I'll answer your question in a second, because if that's what you're focusing on I think you may have missed the points of my post, which is that the Blades sweep is not an embarrassment and shouldn't have a bearing on the decision process. To elaborate:

- The references he stated are largely Eastern opinions, and I wonder how many of those games they actually watched? The Blades were a very good team this year that ran into a goalie who played out of his skull. They outshot the Tigers and averaged 40 something shots a night. They aren't the first team that's been taken down by a hot tender. Any #1 or #2 seed could potentially go down in that situation, and I don't think that it's the embarrassment that those references are making it out to be. Moreover, it won't be "Biggest upset of #CHL 1st rd is complete" as Broadhead has suggested if Belleville and/or Rimouski keeps going the way they are... That's a little premature of a comment at least, could even be considered uneducated.

- This is Junior hockey, and you never know for sure who is going to return. Was Sam Gagner at all of what, 5'10" and 170 lbs at the time expected to stick with the Oilers after his draft year? London definitely has the edge based on what one could expect to return, but there are no guarantees.

So, to answer your question, either Barrie or Windsor could return a better team next year. It's not bloody likely and some crazy stuff would have to happen...like Camara and Khokhlachev return to their OHL teams while Domi (interestingly almost the same height and weight as Gagner), Horvat, and Griffith make their NHL clubs...but it could happen. Like I said though, that wasn't the point of my post (hence why it was an addendum and why I capitalized the word MAY).
Oh I got your post...and I saw the MAY..I was just wondering what variables would prompt you to put London below the other 2 teams when it came to returning players. I'll play along though and state even if London did lose the players you mentioned..they'd still ice a better team than the other 2 bidding teams.

London or Barrie I think should get the hosting rights. I've already voiced my opinion as to why I feel Windsor shouldn't.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote