View Single Post
Old
08-12-2006, 02:09 PM
wholeshow*

vCash: 500
with a 44 million cap, it will be extremely difficult to find a centerman that can be a significant improvement over ribs without gutting the team in other areas. ribs is cheap and we'll have to hope and pray that he takes his game up to another level (like the playoffs, where his effort reached new heights). I hope that next years cap goes to something around 48 or 50 million, this will give us a ton of space to acquire the centerman that we need...without having to takeaway from other areas of the team (like defense) to balance out the cap.

If you look at it, the centerman that you most likely speak of makes upwards of 4 million and right now that's just not economically feasible. If the cap does not increase, we'll just have to hope that a guy like grabovsky can step into the NHL and play at a top level (i believe he can)...or look for a trade that involves one of our more pricier players (like kovalev) that a team may actually want and covet. Then again, i love kovalev and want to see him remain a hab.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote