View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 09:34 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Oh dear. We sure are easy and loose with the owners money. I'll assume by this post, you also expect them to use the cap space after they buy out?

Since cap space isn't an issue, since we aren't a cap team, that really isn't a great reason for a buy out.
I think less than 10% of anyone who mentions a buyout really understand what that means.

I didn't get to watch the game (yet) except for the last 10 minutes. Shame they lost it, but every once in awhile these games happen. I'm not going to get angsty about it.

I like Wiz, his game and what he brings to the game. Not sure I understand why he's the whipping boy lately. A small segment of vocal posters seem to have made up their minds that he's too expensive, too injured and too poor to keep around. I disagree, and don't really see the point in stating reasons why because it's pretty clear there is no convincing them. Wiz tends to try to do just a little too much sometimes, but when he's on his game, he puts a significant amount of pressure on the other team by driving the puck and not letting them get hemmed in on the opposing forecheck. He's good at running the PP, certainly better than anyone I can remember this team having save Spacek and has a cannon. When Erixon, Goloubef, Murray or Moore start turning into a better version of Wiz, I'll discuss moving him.

Regarding Richards, isn't it funny how a coach's mistakes seem to only mirror what doesn't work? Sounds obvious, but sometimes mistakes accidentally work, sometimes they don't, and sometimes they're not mistakes at all. Lots of experts here, I guess. Richards tries a lot of things and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. There's always a reason you do something as a coach, and it's not always related to the situation and the result isn't always easy to predict.

I think he's doing a fine job mentoring these guys and I think he's done a fantastic job helping turn the culture around. Can he take them to a cup? Probably not, maybe, I don't know, but I do know he's getting quite a bit out of the hand he's been dealt and that's pretty much what I expect out of a coach. If a coach can get more out of players than most expect, I think it means he's doing his job, and doing it well at that.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote