View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 08:43 AM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
People have a bad memory it seems. He hasn't been good in the playoffs. Yes, he has been bad in the playoffs.

In his rookie series against the Bruins, he was FAR from amazing. Montreal should have won that series against the Bruins in 6 - Montreal was outplaying Boston by a fair margin. Price was actually quite bad in games 5 and 6, and luckily he recovered in time for game 7, but that series almost gave me heart attack because it should have never gone to 7 games. In the following series, Price was horrible against the Flyers.

You can't absolve Price of culpability in 2009 either. Yes, the team in front of him didn't play great, but Price still sucked. In 2010, Halak showed that you can still play amazing even when the team in front of you isn't always playing great.

His only good playoff series was in 2011 against the Bruins, but unfortunately, he was marginally outplayed by the opposing goaltender: Tim Thomas.

Price is a good goalie, but there are too many Price apologists in here wearing rose-colored glasses. To say he hasn't been bad in the playoffs is delusional, and I'm amazed at all the revisionist history rhetoric and how this false narrative is getting perpetuated by some in here.

The good news is that his last playoff performance was solid, and I'm hoping the trend is positive and that he'll bring it this season in the playoffs.

He's young and still improving. He's not perfect. He has not been awesome this year. He has been solid this year. The people criticizing him are not haters. He has the potential to be better, and he needs to step up his game. That's all.
Couldn't have said it any better.