View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 10:06 AM
snoop88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
This is a great post. I believe that long term interest would involve a high draft pick. Obviously it doesn't always work out. It depends on the draft year and some luck (for a player to pan out).

Those that say that they always pull for the team to win are short sighted. In war, sometimes the best strategy is to retreat and regroup to ensure a better ability to fight in the future. I look at it like this; would I rather my team win enough to squaek into the playoffs and hurt their future success, or would I rather the team lose now to hopefully procure future success? I want to win, and I believe that the team will end up with more wins if they get a high draft pick. So, if you like winning, you should want the team to lose now to win more in the future.

To those who say that I don't want the team to win - I apparently want the team to win more than you do, because you only care about right now and could care less if the team stinks in the future. It's called delayed gratification - which doesn't exist in modern America.

very well said

snoop88 is offline   Reply With Quote