View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 10:16 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
I agree. Not to come off like a biased homer, but I think we can get more than a 4th for Andy. I do think that moving him should be a serious consideration at this point, and I even made a thread in the main room: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1387587

Everyone seems to think that Andy is going to walk. Yes, I know how he would help our chances in the playoffs, but his production can be replaced. Also, his past playoff performances should help garner some interest in him at the deadline.

Many people seem to think that Andy will return to Anaheim as a UFA, but that they might want him now to play with Selanne for this Cup run (in case Teemu retires). Therefore, even if they are in our conference, I think they would likely offer the best package - the Eastern teams who may kick the tires (Bruins, Rangers, Hurricanes - just guesses on my part) would likely only view him as a rental and offer picks, whereas Anaheim may see him as a Duck long-term and could offer a solid prospect.

The Ducks have great center depth, so I chose Chris Wagner - since it seemed like Holland, Rakell and Cramarossa are off-limits, and those three (along with Getzlaf's contract, etc.) could keep Wagner from ever really cementing a decent roster spot at Center with that team. A couple of the Ducks fans seemed okay with the trade proposal, so I thought I might have been on to something with my line of thinking.

Here's a good write-up on Wagner, in which he's referred to as a playmaker who's strong defensively and good in the faceoff circle (even the fans in the Comments section say that he could be expendable):

http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2012/9...t-chris-wagner
I like the deal. If you can get something for Andy McDonald, then I think you need to consider it. We have enough talent to move forward without him. I've kind of looked the same direction at teams that need a key piece and may be willing to part now with them for their playoff run. Whether it is a center or a projected top 4 (like Anaheim's Kevin Lind), I think we need to think past right now.

Last edited by PerryTurnbullfan: 03-29-2013 at 10:23 AM.