View Single Post
Old
08-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Catch-22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
I don't know...I mean that's what we said about Bulis, but it seems that Vancouver was really happy to show him an open door and sign him to a relatively nice contract. I think that Ribs would fetch some definite attention on the free agent market, but his trade value would be low. Then again most mid range players are the same. I think he'll play second line NHL until his mid 30's when he slows down and age overcomes experience. But until then he'll play full time in the NHL.

Bulis is a more rugged player who can play at both ends of the ice...even if it's only once every two weeks. Bulis can also play the wing, which is not as important as centre. He had to leave Montreal for other reasons. We are clearly in a "climb" phase and we have a lot of talent in the farm with more potential than Bulis. At some point the Habs had to cut bait and decide who's in for the long term. Even then it's pretty clear to me that Bulis thinks he is better than he is. He has never had more than 40 pts in a season.

Even if he's got a high opinion of himslef, he is going to a team that's lost Bertuzzi, Carter and Jovanovski and obviously needs to plug some big holes. It makes sense for Vancouver to have Bulis right now, but not us. I will add that I'm not sure Vancouver is an improved team. They will be fortunate to make the playoffs.

I really don't think Ribeiro is in the same position as Bulis. He really does't bring a lot other than flashy hands.

Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote