View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 10:02 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I haven't seen a ton of rockford this year...but i'd be surprised if morin is good enough for the wc.

...although it would be great if he made it. he hasn't gotten time with the hawks and seems buried down the depth chart so it would be a great opportunity for him.

because i'm lazy...does anyone know if the mem cup is over by the time wc begins? i.e. will seth jones be available in any event - or is it it possible he'll still be in the playoffs. any chance that trouba gets an invite?
obviously I am a big fan of Morin, but I am hoping that it doesnt come to that to fill out this roster. Morin still has a bright future ahead and would be in the NHL on 90% of the other teams in the league. he brings a ton of grit and is a sniper, but he hasnt played in the NHL for over a year now and I have to imagine there are younger guys with more NHL experience out there that we can land for this team... again I am a fan of Morin and I think he wouldnt be a bad pick, but my fear is if we have to go to the AHL to get guys, Morin is going to be the least of our problems again.

and to be fair to Morin, Tyler Johnson has only been up for a few weeks and I am touting the US squad to go after him hard as he has less overall NHL experience than Jeremy...but I like going with hot hands and a kid like Johnson seems to be doing excellent so far in his first tour of NHL action...that is what makes him more desirable to me.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote