View Single Post
03-29-2013, 11:11 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I think we all agree that Anderson has the most experience & has played the best this yr in net although both Bishop & Lehner are playing well now. Most I think perceive Lehner as being the better of the two & when he gets to the point where he takes the starters job away from Anderson, which could be as soon as next season, wouldn't it be great to have a very good veteran backup to come to calm the waters. Not only would he be an excellent mentor for Lehner but he would also be the best backup in the NHL. The two could play together for yrs to come that is if Anderson would be willing to do that considering he could also play as a #1 for yrs.

I would only trade Bishop at the deadline if the return was a very good young top 6 powerforward who could grow with our young guns. Barring that I would trade Bishop at the draft to move up to get Monahan or better, if possible.
You also have to be cognizant of the fact that you can never project how young goalies can turn out and even surefire prospects can be derailed, by injuries, illnesses, loss of confidence, etc.

I'm on the "keep Anderson" boat because I look at a situation like Minnesota's. They've had all these young stud goalies come thru their system but things have happened so the veteran Niklas Backstrom keeps being the #1 because he can still play. In Minnesota's case, there was picking Backstrom over Manny Fernandez (great call there) and the unfortunate series of injuries that kept happening to Josh Harding (followed by his sad illness of MS). It's always good to have a veteran "ace-in-the-hole" in case one of your prospects don't work out.

I feel that in a few years after Anderson does hang em up, it'll be Lehner getting challenged from Francois Brassard. I love the way this kid plays nets and I think he's another gold goalie prospect.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote