Thread: Sean Couturier
View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 11:25 AM
UKFlyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I've been told for a while that Couturier's offense will be able to translate into the NHL,
and I've been waiting patiently hoping for something.

The reality is , by now we should have seen at-least a glimpse of what is to come. But we have not. Yes he is young, and yes he has yet to physically mature. But what he lacks in is something that can't be taught.

Couturier is a very very slow skater, It is not going to improve, you can not teach a person to be faster. If he is ever going to be a point producer he will need a winger like voracek that can handle the puck enter the zone and provide some athleticism to the line.

The more I watch him the more he reminds me of A slower handzus. Part of me sees him as the odd man out in the future and wants to trade him for a d man prospect. But another part of me wants to keep him to try to up his value some what next year before trading him.

Either way I feel he is the chip that will be used to bring in a d prospect for us.
There were some decent signs last season that he would eventually up his offensive game. Remember that 6 or 7 game point streak he had? This year has been a slump, but again, he had a bad start and hasn't really had much of an opportunity to play with some of the team's better players or on the PP since. I'm a long, long way from writing him off.

UKFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote