View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
ALL THAT SAID...they won't miss the playoffs. I just can't see it happening. There's too much talent on this team. Now a first round beat down could easily happen.
I can.

Blues play a streaking Wild team, the Hakws (who are still winning quite well), a suddenly revived Columbus team, the Wings, The Nashville Rinne's, etc. etc.

Seriously this seems like a best case scenario with the way the Blues are currently playing:

4/1: at Wild L (they have won 7 in a row)
4/4: at Hawks L (most likely)
4/5: Jackets OTL (back to back and the Jackets have looked better as of late)
4/7: at Wings OTL (they are better than the Blues right now)
4/9: at Preds W (although depending upon whether Tarasenko scores this could be a loss very quickly)
4/11: at Wild OTL/W (should be on a short downswing by this point)
4/14: Hawks L (first home game after a road trip against the Hawks)
4/16: Canucks W (Blues seem to have their number)
4/18: Coyotes W (they are horribad)
4/19: Stars W (coin-flip)
4/21: at Avs OTL (Blues have trouble in the thinner air)
4/23: Avs W (Hopefully there is still some pride there)
4/25: Flames W (Kipper is not doing that twice)
4/27: Hawks W (last game so hopefully they're resting)

18 PTS.
54 PTS total.

1) Hawks
2) Ducks
3) Canucks
4) Kings
5) Wild
6-7-8) Wings, Sharks, Preds, Blues

Note: San Jose and Detroit have easier schedules than the the Blues going forward. Nashville's is just as difficult, if not more so.

This is best case scenario. If the Blues suddenly go completely dry on scoring or Allen falters at all there are another 6-8 points that could go missing. I also think I am being generous on the OTL scenarios (more likely the Blues lose in regulation) with the hopes that Allen keep them in it.

The Blues could, very easily, miss the playoffs this year. If that happens I do not envy the situation the Blues' management will be in.
Not simply because of the hard decisions which would have had to been made anyway...but because without the playoff revenue there would be even less money to spend.

Last edited by Multimoodia: 03-29-2013 at 01:21 PM.