View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
The Blues do need to move McDonald. Keep Perron, he actually makes stuff happen and has a future here. McDonald doesn't and is invisible out there. Someone over at the STLToday boards posted our stats and record with McDonald ever since he arrived here and every year we are much better without him in the lineup. The numbers were not close at all it was actually pretty shocking to me. But, McDonald is one of the biggest offenders when it comes to putting skill ahead of work. He's not a difference maker anymore out on the ice, he's old, too small, injury proned, etc. I don't care if we don't get a lot for him, we'll get nothing for him in the offseason anyways.

I'd take that proposed Anaheim deal. Don't know much about Wagner but Nichol should be gone after this season as well so it would make sense if he could slide into the bottom 6.

Cracknell needs to be on this team. He's big, a strong forechecker, smart, puts shots on goal, and just a reliable hard worker in the bottom 6. He's an NHL caliber player and we play well with him in the lineup.

We need to move forward with these guys (for now, Armstrong can do whatever he wants at the draft):

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Berglund-Stewart
Perron-Sobotka-Tarasenko
Porter-Nichol-Reaves
Cracknell, someone in McDonald deal

With the possibility of adding Jaskin next year? I would like that group moving forward (unless Armstrong thinks a shakeup is needed), with Nichol out.