Old
03-29-2013, 12:18 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
glad you're coming around on him.

i wouldn't sign him long term for the reasons you mentioned. i'd give him a one year deal and tell him we want to sign him longer, we just want him to show he can stay healthy. three years is the maximum i'd go, but he's not making much money yearly if he asks for three. i think he'll look less lazy and maybe add a bit of foot speed next year if he stays healthy for the rest of the year, as he'll spend the off-season healthy and training properly. if we sign him to a one year, and he really impresses next year, we sign him long term. if we sign him longer term for lower money and he impresses, then yay, we get a bargain for two or three years. if he doesn't impress though (which only seems possible if he continues to get injured) it's not a big deal either. longer term = less money yearly, we can put him on the ltir and bring in a younger player. it's a no risk, high reward scenario.
And you can buy players out now which will help a lot of teams out including Ottawa from time to time & with a guy like this.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote