Old
03-29-2013, 01:31 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
"We’re not going to just clean house. We did that two years ago. We still have really good core assets and just a matter of finding the right pieces.

“We got a lot of calls on some of our top players but I’m not going to just give them away. We’re healthy and we have an opportunity to compete. As we keep adding pieces the next couple of years, we’ll be a solid team. We wouldn’t do anything rash. We’re always looking long-term putting all the assets together. Not giving (Erik) Gudbranson, (Dmitri) Kulikov, (Jakub) Markstrom, (Jonathan) Huberdeau or (Drew) Shore or any of those kids. We’re going to build through the draft.”

"
This is great news. I really, really hope Tallon keeps the core together. If Weiss has made it clear that he won't return I would be ok with trading his rights away. As well as moving Kuba or Upshall if there are any takers.

But losing Goc, Kopecky, Flash or anyone else who has been mentioned would suck IMO. This season is an anomaly. Injuries have completely ruined us and our poor start dug us into a huge hole very early.

Like Tallon says, as we move along we will add pieces. If we draft a top pick again this year, we will finally have our 1-2 punch up front and be able to see our version of Crosby/Malkin, Getzlaf/Perry, Toews/Kane. Depth is an important part of success in this league and keeping most of our guys from last year is integral IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
GR tweeted that Matthias & Mules want to stay.

-ghoste
This is great news. These two will be very important for us going forward. Two solid players that can play a good all-around game. I love what Matthias has developed into and Mueller is a great winger on the 2nd line who can fill in as a center from time to time, and with Matthias turning 25 in February, he's turning into the NHLer that he will be for the rest of his career.

Remember, not every prospect is of the Crosby/Skinner/Huberdeau type that can jump into the NHL and immediately make a significant impact. Shawn is developing just about at the right pace for an NHL power forward. Bigger guys take longer to find their game in the NHL and Matthias seems to have done that.