View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Ail
Kidmograph tho.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
This is all terrific, and I agree wholeheartedly with all of it, especially his stance on play away from the puck. It just ends up not meaning anything when your offensive people have the puck more and still fail to do anything with it.

I still think it's absurd to fire a guy who just took a team to the conference finals, and I don't even think he's doing a particularly good job. At this rate, though, I'm starting to think that he won't last the season if they keep playing such subpar hockey.
There's obviously a correlation between this team's inability to find ways to score and how they are being coached. I cannot blame either side completely and while I agree they should give a guy who got them to the ECF a little bit longer leash, there is no reason why a team with this much raw offensive talent cannot be at a GF average of 3 or close to it for the year thus far. You can't fire the team so, yeah if they lose the next 3-4 which is actually likely, they could fire Torts.

When Nash, Hagelin and Stepan are all down behind the goal line trying to dig the puck out only to wrap it around on net 3 times on what was their "best" shift of the night, is that a player issue, or coaching issue? It boggles my mind that three players who all seem to have above average hockey IQ and offensive prowess would not position themselves to make the best of extended offensive pressure like that. Who knows though. Maybe it was them just not being aware of their positions on the ice. Maybe they weren't communicating.