View Single Post
03-29-2013, 02:12 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I am sick of 'its the system!' talk.

It's ****ing not the system. It's the god damned players out on the ice, the ones who actually are skating, and holding sticks.

Gaborik has sucked not because of the system, but because he doesn't want to hustle, skate hard, and battle for pucks, and would rather float 90% of his shift, because he's LAZY.
Completely agree. I found myself talking about the system the other day, trying to rationalize it all. It really doesn't mean much, when your skilled players aren't doing anything and refuse to go to the middle of the ice.

Watch the Senators who have 4 of their top players out master defensive hockey, yet find ways to be creative all over the ice. Even their quality chances look different, like most teams. Not too many goaltenders the Rangers face are forced to do what Hank has to do on a nightly basis, and we see all types of systems.

The defensive structure and neutral zone play is one thing. But once you gain the zone or are rushing up the ice, all of that pretty much goes out the window and these guys are relied upon to be creative. 4 power plays, not even a lick.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote