View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 01:19 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
this is true and i obviously have no idea what goes on or what they work on. i just have to think there's some positioning adjustment he can make on breakaways, shootouts just based on his size alone. his stance looks like he's trying to stay centered and cover as much as he can but he looks stoic and it doesn't look like there's much anticipation or read on some of those shots. their shots overall were better than ours. giroux's was unbelievable but simmonds and schenn were both wasted attempts. no excuse tho. I'm sick of losing shootouts and i thought he sucked on those shots.
Yeah. Simmonds has frustrated me this year so much with his over-deking. He's been one of our better players, the stats are there, and he gives excellent effort and he's been in the proper position a ton, but he's had so many terrible turnovers where he just fumbles the puck going in on an odd man rush or when he waits to long to make a play in the offensive zone, or even when he has a breakaway / shootout opportunity. Whenever he has the puck on his stick and he isn't directly in front of the goal, it seems he's trying to make some ridiculous skill move and I just don't think that's his game. He needs to SIMPLIFY @ even stength IMO.

Right now he's on pace for a 30-30 type of season, which is ridiculously nice considering we got both him and Schenn for Richards, but when you see some of the chances he's flubbed, you can't help but being a little frustrated.

I once made fun of a poster for saying he thought Simmonds could score 40 goals in a season, but watching his play this season I'm starting to rethink my position. If he gets some good even-strength linemates and simplifies his play @ ES a little more the way he does on the powerplay, I could see him potting 40 in a career year.