View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
One of them might be expendable (and I'd even argue that because there's no way to tell who might end up being the better of the two) certainly not both of them in a deal where they are secondary pieces to bring in a guy like Yandle who's signed for two more years and is insanely overrated.

I'm sick and tired of this short sightedness.
First of all Yandle has three more years after this not two.

Look, I like Barrie's promise, and he's moving the puck well, but how can people say a guy like Yandle is overrated when he is more multi dimensional, a vet leader, and a regular 40+ point guy who has a 59 point season on a defensive team, but a prospect with 1 goal and 6 assists in 27 games isn't overrated around here?

How can the same people that are up in arms about how Sherman built the blueline this season, hold on to what we could all agree will likely be the 3rd best D behind EJ, and Jones (if drafted) rather than bringing in a LHD for EJ.

What kind of impact D is this team gonna realistically bring in that's signed for more than three years, and why would a team be giving up a guy like that? And that's just assuming the paranoid situation of him returning to Boston actually happens, in which case they had three years of UFA's, three years of possible trades, and three years of UFA's to look to replace him.

I don't see keeping Barrie and Elliott for the 3rd pairing (which is not very important on a team with a good blueline) or forcing them to the left, and hoping they both start producing regularly, and do so on their off side, as better options than just packaging them for a proven LHD for the top pairing. If they draft Jones that is.

Which group are you more comfortable going forward with?

Yandle - EJ
X - Jones
X - X

or one of

X - EJ
X - Jones
X - Barrie/Elliott

Barrie/Elliott - EJ
X - Jones
X - X

Jones - EJ
X - Barrie/Elliott
X - X

The later three are really pining their hopes on potential. In the meantime if it wouldn't work out, people would be up in arms about how Sherman hadn't improved the D unit. Bringing in a guy with three years left, that you can try to re-sign is not shortsighted. He's proven and under contract longer than anyone on our D except for the young unproven guys.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 03-29-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote