View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I like. Team is playing good this year, good timing to try them out with not a lot of pressure. I love the new management.
Came to say basically the same thing. Instead of bringing them up under more "dire" circumstances, and maybe asking/expecting too much of them on a slumping team, they get to test themselves as part of perhaps a more comfortable, positive, winning/successful environment. You're allowed a certain number of games to take a look at kids without affecting their contract/status (just their paycheck, hehe), and we've got a lot of kids nearing the cusp of graduation, so it's good to see Bergevin and the lads identifying the good timing to be proactive with their development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbhabfan View Post
Awesome move, love the plan, expose them to the bigs, & don't forget, it also gives these young men a few extra dollars in their jeans. They'll clear in a week & a half what they get in a season in Hamilton. I know that Robert Mayer was called up for one game as the back up goalie & made an extra $5K. He's not at the same level as these guys but that extra dough was appreciated by him. This is again a CLASS organization, love it!
Exactly. If Bergevin is cleared to use the whole cap, there's no better time to make the easy decision to use some of it to reward/give incentive to the young guys you're hoping will work their hardest to make it to the next level. With the team enjoying success right now, it's a good time to introduce them to Therrien's expectations, too. That it benefits scouting and evaluation is simply a bonus, that makes getting someone to sign the appropriate paperwork a mere formality; rather than an actual decision.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 03-29-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote